I have an idea…
There are ways that each of us chooses to use when we want to show someone we care. Some people bake a cake, others might sing a song or shovel a driveway. I arrange flowers. Flowers bring me so much joy, and I know that others are affected in the same way. One of my favorite things to do as a florist is to create an arrangement for someone who doesn’t expect to receive it. I love seeing that look of surprise, confusion, and ultimate elation in the eyes of the recipient when the flowers are handed over. That moment when they realize that someone was thinking about them and wanted them to know that they are appreciated/loved/cared about is priceless!
So we over here in the corporate offices of Hey, Bud! (really just me sitting on my couch) have decided to start taking a little more advantage of that element of surprise. Here’s the scoop:
1. Think of someone you know who might like to receive flowers. Anyone is eligible! Your mom/dad/sibling/aunt/hairdresser/neighbor/co-worker/even YOURSELF!
2. Send me their address via email (email@example.com) or facebook message (“Like” while you’re at it, if you haven’t already!) Feel free to include their name if you like, but in the interest of privacy, I understand if you want to keep personal information at a minimum.
3. I will put all the addresses in a hat* and every month, I’ll pull out an address (blindfolded!) and deliver an arrangement FREE OF CHARGE to that address!
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
– Deliveries will take place once a month over the weekend. The first drawing/delivery will be Saturday February 22
– I can only deliver to addresses in the San Diego area (sorry, far-flung friends!). Unless, of course, you include a plane ticket with your submission. Then I would be happy to oblige.
– Once submitted, your address will remain in the hat until it’s chosen. So if it’s not this month, it might be next month, or even 6 months from now! Surprise is the name of the game!**
– If you would like me to include a card with the flowers, please include the personal message in your initial email. That way I can make sure it’s written with the address on the paper in the hat. Once the paper goes in, it’s not coming out until it’s selected!
*can’t promise it will actually be a hat
**There actually is no name of this game. But there should be! I’ll work on that… If anyone has any ideas for a name, send them on over!
~ ~ ~
Also, HAPPY FRIDAY! Here’s a picture of 2 very happy Buds: my lovely friend (wearing a flower crown I made) and her main man Wally (well, actually, he’s probably only her second main man. I suppose her husband gets to be her Main main man…)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!